Contractors in Arizona, Nevada and Utah:
Reciprocity requirements are the same for each state:
- The contractor must be applying for a license in a classification that appears on that state's Reciprocal Classifications List.
- The contractor must have held an active license in good standing in one of the reciprocal states for the previous five years.
- The contractor must submit to CSLB the Request for Verification of License form that is completed by the licensing entity under which he or she already is licensed.
- The contractor must complete the Application for Original Contractor's License.
If a California contractor wants to apply for reciprocity in another state, he or she must ask that state for its reciprocity form and have it forwarded to CSLB.
Applicants Popular Pages
- Becoming a Licensed Contractor Booklet
- Forms and Applications
- CSLB Processing Times
- Guides and Publications
- License Classifications
- Workers' Compensation Company Search