Step 2: Requirements for Adding a Classification
This step guides you through the application process for adding a classification to your license.
To add a classification, you must do the following:
- Select a qualifying individual for the new classification (may be the licensee).
- ALERT Each qualifying individual must have passed the Law and Business Examination as well as the Trade Examination for the specific classification being requested. See Step 3 for waivers.
- Have the qualifying individual describe in detail four years of experience within the last ten years as a journeyman, foreman, supervisor or contractor in the classification in which he or she is to serve as the qualifying individual.
- Provide verification for the claimed experience.
- Submit the required application processing fee with the Application for Additional Classification form to:
Contractors State License Board
P.O. Box 26000
Sacramento, CA 95826-0026
- File any required bonds.
- If the qualifying individual is an RME, he or she must inactivate his or her individual license.
Contractors Popular Pages
- Check a License or HIS Registration
- Forms and Applications
- License Classifications
- List of All CSLB Fees
- Building Official Information Guide