Notice of Board Meeting
***** AMENDED NOTICE OF BOARD MEETING *****
[NOTE: The Board will be meeting on only Thursday April 24th and this Agenda is amended accordingly to reflect the one-day meeting]
The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) will hold a Board Meeting on Thursday, April 24, 2014, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Catalina/Silvergate Room at the Holiday Inn, 4875 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92106 (Map), (800) 650-6660.
All times are approximate and subject to change. Items may be taken out of order to maintain a quorum, accommodate a speaker, or for convenience. The meeting may be canceled without notice. For verification of the meeting, call (916) 255-4000 or access the CSLB website. Action may be taken on any item listed on this agenda, including information-only items. Public comments will be taken on agenda items at the time the item is heard. Total time allocated for public comment may be limited.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Erin Echard at (916) 255-4000 or by sending a written request to CSLB Executive Office, 9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.
*** AGENDA ***
April 24, 2014
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Call to Order Establishment of Quorum
- Chair's Remarks and Board Member Comments
- Public Comment Session
- Review and Approval of February 19, 2014, Board Meeting Minutes
- Update on Board Activities
- Review and Approval of April 16, 2014, Legislative Committee Summary Report
- Review and Approval of Committee's Recommended Position for AB 1702, AB 2165, AB 2396, SB 1467
- Review and Approval of Recommended Position on AB 1918
- Review and take action on the regulatory proposal to adopt Class C-22 Asbestos Abatement Contractor (California Code of Regulations [CCR] Section 832.22) and Asbestos Classification and Certification Limitations and Examination Requirement (CCR Section 833)
- Review and Approval of April 1, 2014, Enforcement Committee Summary Report
- Discussion Regarding Predatory Service and Repair Contractors
- Review and Approval of Peace Officer Special Investigations Unit
- Review and Approval of Peace Officer Training Curriculum
- Review and Approval of a Waiver Application Task Force
- Review of Little Hoover Commission Hearing Written Testimony
- Review of 2013 Consumer Satisfaction Survey
- *** Discussion and Preparation of the Board's 2014-15Strategic Plan ***
Webcast (Not Available for This Meeting)