AMENDED Notice of Board Meeting
*** Amended items are highlighted below ***
The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) will hold a Board Meeting at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, March 16, 2015, in the Salon 1 - 3 Room at the Hilton Hotel, 100 West Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale, CA 91202, and phone (818) 956-5466. The Board intends to provide a live webcast of the meeting. Webcast availability cannot, however, be guaranteed due to limitations on resources or technical difficulties. The meeting will continue even if the webcast is unavailable. If you wish to participate or to have a guaranteed opportunity to observe, please plan to attend at the physical location.
All times are approximate and subject to change. Items may be taken out of order to maintain a quorum, accommodate a speaker, or for convenience. The meeting may be canceled without notice. For verification of the meeting, call (916) 255-4000 or access the CSLB website at www.cslb.ca.gov. Action may be taken on any item listed on this agenda, including information-only items. Public comments will be taken on agenda items at the time the item is heard and prior to the CSLB taking any action on said items. Total time allocated for public comment may be limited at the discretion of the Chair.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Erin Echard at (916) 255-4000 or by sending a written request to CSLB Executive Office, 9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.
*** AGENDA ***
March 16, 2015
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Call to Order – Establishment of Quorum
- Chair’s Introductory Remarks and Board Member Comments
- Public Comment Session – Items not on the Agenda (Note: Individuals may appear before the CSLB to discuss items not on the agenda: however, the CSLB can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
- Review and Approval of Board Meeting Minutes for December 11, 2014 and December 16, 2014
- Appointment of Nominations Committee
- Review and Approval of February 20, 2015 Enforcement Committee Meeting Summary Report
- Enforcement Program Update
- Predatory Service and Repair Task Force Update
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Recommendation to Establish Operational Agreements with Building Departments
- Licensing Program Update
- Testing Program Update
- Public Affairs
- Public Affairs Program Update
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding New Legislative Proposal to Authorize Sharing of Licensee Information with the Employment Development Department
- Review and Approval of February 20, 2015 Legislative Committee Meeting Summary Report
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action of Recommended Position on AB 750 (Low), AB 1060 (Bonilla), SB 119 (Hill), SB 465 (Hill), SB 560 (Monning), SB 561 (Monning)
- Legislative Program Update
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding 2015 Legislative Proposals:
- Amendment to Business and Professions Code Section 7011.4 - Notice to Appear Authority
- Amendment to Business and Professions Code Section 7028.6 – Authority to Issue Citations – Collection of Additional Information
- Amendment to Add Business and Professions Code Section 7103.5 – Effect of Disciplinary Action by Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- Amendment to Business and Professions Code Section 7137 – Fee Schedule
- Amendment to Business and Professions Code Sections 7152, 7153, 7153.2, 7153.3, 7154, 7155.5, 7156 and 7156.5 – Home Improvement Salesperson Registration
- Review and Approval of Registrar Duty Statement
- Administration Update Regarding Personnel and Facilities
- Information Technology Update
- Budget Update
- Strategic Plan Update
- 2014-15 Update
- 2015-16 Update
- Tentative 2015 Board Meeting Schedule
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Potential Revisions to Proposed Sunset Review Report