Notice of Board Meeting
The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) will hold a quarterly Board Meeting on Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 10:30 a.m. in the Monterey Room at the Embassy Suites Hotel, 601 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92101.
The Board intends to provide a live webcast of the meeting. Webcast availability cannot, however, be guaranteed due to limitations on resources or technical difficulties. The meeting will continue even if the webcast is unavailable. If you wish to participate or to have a guaranteed opportunity to observe, please plan to attend at the physical location.
All times are approximate and subject to change. Items may be taken out of order to maintain a quorum, accommodate a speaker, or for convenience. The meeting may be canceled without notice. For verification of the meeting, call (916) 255-4000 or access the CSLB website at www.cslb.ca.gov. Action may be taken on any item listed on this agenda, including information-only items. Public comments will be taken on agenda items at the time the item is heard and prior to the CSLB taking any action on said items. Total time allocated for public comment may be limited at the discretion of the Board Chair.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Erin Echard at (916) 255-4000 or by sending a written request to CSLB Executive Office, 9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.
*** AGENDA ***
Thursday, September 3 2015
10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Call to Order – Establishment of Quorum
- Chair’s Introductory Remarks
- Public Comment Session – Items not on the Agenda (Note: Individuals may appear before the CSLB to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the CSLB can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
- Registrar’s Report
- Review and Possible Approval of July 29, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
- Administration Update Regarding Personnel and Facilities
- Information Technology Update
- Budget Update
- Strategic Plan 2015-16 Update
- Tentative 2015-16 Board Meeting Schedule
- Public Affairs
- Public Affairs Program Update
- Licensing Program Update
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Acceptable Experience Verification Samples per Title 16 California Code of Regulations Section 824
- Testing Program Update
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding SB 119 (Hill)
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding SB 467 (Hill)
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding SB 560 (Monning)
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding SB 561 (Monning)
- Review and Discussion Regarding Business and Professions Code Section 7031
- Enforcement Program Update
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding a Pilot Program to Encourage Licensure by Reducing Outstanding Unlicensed Activity Civil Penalties
- Review and Discussion Regarding Strategies to Address Deceptive Solar Practices
- Future Agenda Items