Notice of Public Board Meeting
NOTICE OF PUBLIC BOARD MEETING
Day 1 - Monday, March 14, 2016, 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. and
Day 2 - Tuesday, March 15, 2016, 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (or until the conclusion of business)
Doubletree by Hilton
1515 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108
MEETING AGENDA - DAY 1
March 14, 2015
1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Call to Order, Roll Call, Establishment of Quorum and Chair’s Introductory Remarks
- Public Comment Session – Items not on the Agenda (Note: Individuals may appear before the CSLB to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the CSLB can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
- Pursuant to Section 11126(e), the Board will move into closed session to receive advice from legal counsel in the following matter:
Joseph Naspini v. Contractor State License Board, et al., Sacramento County Superior Court, Case No. 34-2015-80002260.
RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
- Registrar's Report
- 2015 Activities and Accomplishments Report
- 2016 Tentative Board Meeting Schedule
- Review, Discussion, and Possible Action Regarding Legislative Proposal to Amend Business and Professions Code Section 7059 – Public Works Contracts
- Strategic Planning Workshop
- Introductions – Ted Evans and Noel Cornelia, Strategic Planners and Facilitators, (DCA/SOLID Planning and Training Solutions)
- Overview of Strategic Planning Process and Expectations
- Overview of the 2016 CSLB Environmental Scan Report
- Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding 2015-16 CSLB Strategic Plan Objectives and 2016-18 New Objectives
MEETING AGENDA - DAY 2
March 15, 2015
9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (or until the conclusion of business)
- Call to Order
- Strategic Planning Workshop
- Continuation of Review, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding 2015-16 CSLB Strategic Plan Objectives and 2016-18 New Objectives
- Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Prioritization of 2016-18 Strategic Plan Objectives
- Review and Discussion Regarding CSLB’s Strategic Plan
- Evaluation of CSLB’s Mission Statement, Vision, and Values
Meetings are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. All times when stated are approximate and subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of the board unless listed as “time certain”. Items may be taken out of order to maintain a quorum, accommodate a speaker, or for convenience. Action may be taken on any item listed on this agenda, including information-only items. The meeting may be canceled without notice.
Members of the public can address the Board during the public comment session. Public comments also will be taken during on agenda items at the time the item is heard and prior to the CSLB taking any action on said items. Total time allocated for public comment may be limited at the discretion of the Board Chair.
Please note no webcast of this meeting is planned. If you wish to have a guaranteed opportunity to observe and participate, please plan to attend at the physical location. For verification of the meeting, call (916) 255-4000 or access the CSLB website at http://www.cslb.ca.gov.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Erin.Echard@cslb.ca.gov at (916) 255-4000 or Erin.Echard@cslb.ca.gov or send a written request to Erin Echard, 9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.