Notice of Legislative Committee Meeting
Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (or until the conclusion of business)
Contractors State License Board HQ, John C. Hall Hearing Room
9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827 (MAP)
Meetings are open to the public except when specifically noticed otherwise in accordance with the Open Meeting Act. All times when stated are approximate and subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of each Committee’s Chair unless listed as “time certain.” Items may be taken out of order to maintain a quorum, accommodate a speaker, or for convenience. Action may be taken on any item listed on this agenda, including information-only items. The meeting may be canceled without notice.
Members of the public can address the Committee during the public comment session. Public comments will also be taken on agenda items at the time the agenda item is heard and prior to the CSLB’s Committee taking any action on said items. Total time allocated for public comment may be limited at the discretion of each Committee Chair.
LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA
Legislative Committee Members:
Agustin “Augie” Beltran, Chair / Linda Clifford / David De La Torre / Susan Granzella / Joan Hancock / Michael Layton
- Call to Order, Roll Call, Establishment of Quorum and Chair’s Introduction
- Staff Recognition – May Include Oral Presentations to CSLB Staff Commemorating Achievements and Service
- Public Comment Session for Items not on the Agenda and Future Agenda Item Requests (Note: Individuals may appear before the Committee to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the CSLB’s Committee can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
- Update on 2017 Legislation
- AB 1070 (Gonzalez Fletcher) Solar Energy Systems: Contracts: Disclosures
- AB 1190 (Obernolte) Department of Consumer Affairs: BreEZe System
- AB 1278 (Low) Contractor Licensing: Final Judgments
- AB 1284 (Dababneh) California Financing Law: Property Assessed Clean Energy Program: Program Administrators
- AB 1357 (Chu) Home Inspectors: Roofing Contractors: Roof Inspections
- SB 242 (Skinner) Property Assessed Clean Energy Program: Program Administrator
- SB 486 (Monning) Contractors State License Law: Letter of Admonishment
- SB 800 (Business, Professions and Economic Development) Annual DCA Omnibus Bill (Clean-up)
- Review, Discussion, and Possible Action on Potential 2018 Legislative Proposals
- Remove Statutory Authority for Registrar to Accept Cash Deposit in Lieu of Bond
- Multiple-Firm License Qualifier Requirements
- Clarify Authority to Hold Informal Citation Appeal Conferences
- Increase the Statute of Limitations to Prosecute a Contractor for Failure to Secure Required Workers’ Compensation Coverage
- 2016-18 Strategic Plan Update; Discussion and Possible Action on 2017-18 Legislative Objectives
*Note: Members of the Board who are not members of the Committee may attend the Committee meetings. However, if a majority of members of the full board are present at any of the Committee meetings, members who are not Committee members may attend the meeting as observers only.
The Board intends to provide a live webcast of the meeting. The webcast can be located at www.cslb.ca.gov. Webcast availability cannot, however, be guaranteed due to limitations on resources or technical difficulties. The meeting will continue even if the webcast is unavailable. If you wish to participate or to have a guaranteed opportunity to observe, please plan to attend at the physical location.
The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting Phyliz Jones at (916) 255-4000 or email@example.com or send a written request to Phyliz Jones, 9821 Business Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodation.