Step 2: Applying for a Joint Venture License
This step helps you understand how to apply for a joint venture license.
Complete the Joint Venture Application:
Take time to read and follow the instructions on the joint venture application.
- Each of the licensees participating in the joint venture must show its exact business name and license number as it appears on CSLB's records;
- One of the official personnel listed on CSLB's records for each participating licensee must sign the application. This person may be the owner, a partner or an officer of the corporation, but not a responsible managing employee;
- Submit the required $450 application filing fee;
- Submit the $350 initial license fee;
- Submit a $150 additional classification fee for each additional class being applied for;
- Submit the appropriate contractor's bond or cashier's check in the amount of $25,000. The bond or cashier's check must bear the same business name as the pending joint venture. Send the original bond (a copy is not acceptable); and
- The Workers' Compensation Certificate of Insurance if the joint venture is hiring employees, or an exemption form if no employees are being hired by the joint venture.
Submit the above documents and fees to the following address:
Contractors State License Board
P.O. Box 26000
Sacramento, CA 95826-0026