Step 1: Before Adding a Classification

This step informs you of things you should know before applying for an additional classification.

To add a classification, your existing license must be renewed and current.

Applying for more than one classification at a time:

  • In most cases, you must file a separate Application for Additional Classification form for each classification. You must complete and submit the form to:

    CSLB Headquartersp
    Contractors State License Board
    P.O. Box 26000
    Sacramento, CA 95826-0026

  • All of the C-61 classifications (Limited Specialty) may be requested and applied for on one application.

Go to Next Step >>