Wall Certificates and Pocket Cards

Ordering a Wall Certificate or Pocket License Card

CSLB provides a wall certificate and pocket license card upon the issuance of a license. A pocket card also is provided upon renewal, the addition of a classification, reactivation, or inactivation of an existing license. You may order a replacement wall certificate or pocket card ONLY IF the license is currently renewed and in good standing (has no suspensions on record). If the license is under suspension, the suspension must be resolved before a wall certificate or pocket card can be ordered.

To order additional or replacement wall certificates and/or pocket cards, follow the instructions below.

  • Complete an Application to Order Wall Certificate or Pocket License. The application must be signed by an owner, partner, or officer of the corporation.
  • Pay $25 for each wall certificate and pocket card ordered. Payment must be in the form of a money order or a personal, business, certified, or cashier's check made payable to CSLB. DO NOT SEND CASH.
  • Submit the application and required fee to:

Contractors State License Board
P.O. Box 26000
Sacramento, CA 95826

If you are ordering a wall certificate and/or pocket card as a result of a business name change, refer to Change Your Business Name or Address for specific information and instructions.

Renewed Under Suspension

If a license is renewed under suspension, a letter will be sent to the licensee instead of a pocket card. After resolving the suspension, you can return the letter to CSLB Headquarters to have a pocket card ordered.