Before Filing a Complaint Online

Online complaints are sent electronically, but are not complete until CSLB receives your signed Construction Complaint form and any relevant support documentation. By filing your complaint online, CSLB will prompt you about what support documentation you should provide with your signed complaint form. Please review the entire page before selecting "Go to First Step".

Make sure you pull together all of the information that you have about your construction project now before you fill out your form.

Reminder sysmbolREMEMBER You will need the Acrobat Reader in order to open and print your Construction Complaint form.

Notice on Collection of Personal Information

Collection and Use of Personal Information

The Department of Consumer Affairs and the Contractors State License Board (CSLB) collects the information requested on this form to follow up on your complaint.

Providing Personal Information is Voluntary

You do not have to provide the personal information requested. If you do not wish to provide personal information, such as your name, home address, or home telephone number, you may remain anonymous. In that case, however, we may not be able to contact you or help you resolve your complaint.

On-line complaints cannot be submitted anonymously. If you wish to remain anonymous, you must submit your complaint in writing.

  Submit in Writing

Access to Your Information

You may review the records maintained by CSLB that contain your personal information, as permitted by the Information Practices Act of 1977.

Possible Disclosure of Personal Information

We make every effort to protect the personal information you provide. To follow up on your complaint, however, we may need to share the information you give us with the business you complained about or with other government agencies. This may include sharing any personal information.

The information you provide also may be disclosed in the following circumstances:

  • In response to a Public Records Act request, as allowed by the Information Practices Act;
  • To another government agency as required by state or federal law; or
  • In response to a court or administrative order, a subpoena, or a search warrant.

For questions about the Department of Consumer Affairs' privacy policy, please contact:

Office of Privacy Protection
Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency
915 Capitol Mall, Suite 350-A
Sacramento, CA 95814